BDMLR 2016 Christmas Raffle!
We receive no financial support from the government for the work that we do, so all our funds come from grants, foundations and the massive support from our friends and volunteers who subscribe to the charity, attend training courses and run fundraising or sponsorship events for us.
Many thanks again to the individuals and companies who have donated these wonderful prizes and to all of you who bought tickets! This page will remain visible so that winners can select their prizes in turn.
BDMLR 2017 Raffle Prizes
Prize won by Chris from Devon. £200 voucher towards a ferry crossing to France or Spain, or a whale and dolphin watching trip with the charity ORCA courtesy of Brittany Ferries.
You can choose to use your voucher on a number of ferry routes with Brittany Ferries from England to France or Spain, up until August 31st 2017. If you choose, you could use it to book on a whale-watching trip to Spain with the charity ORCA. Few people realise that the Bay of Biscay, in the North Atlantic, is home to a third of all the whale, dolphin and porpoise species known to man. It simply abounds with marine life.
For more information about the ferry routes, please see the Brittany Ferries website here. For details of the ORCA I-spy whalewatching trips, please visit the ORCA website here.
Prize won by Neil from Kent. Amazing trial flight in an R44 helicopter from Manston airport in Kent, donated by Polar Helicopters. The helicopter can take a total of four including the pilot, so if you win this prize, three will be taken on a trip over the beautiful Kent countryside. Not only that, but whoever's sitting next to the pilot will be able to take the controls and pilot the helicopter in a trial lesson! To see more about this prize, please visit website here.
Prize won by Peter from Devon. A pair of Maui Jim sunglasses from James Bryan Opticians - worth £180! Thess stylish polaroid sunglasses are perfect for the outdoor life, with polycarbonate lenses, a refined rectangular shape, a full wrap strap for superior stability and air vents to keep you even cooler than you'll look! If they're not your style though James Bryan will let you choose any other style from their website to the same value. Check them out here.
Prize won by Simone from Cumbria. A family (2 adults + 2 children) wildlife trip in the Moray Firth, Scotland, from Findhorn with North 58°. The Firth’s amazing and abundant wildlife is made accessible to the budding explorer on 2-hour long Wildlife adventures. Offering a unique combination of adventure, exhilaration and the joy of close encounters with the marine life and incredible scenery. See the website of North 58° here.
Prize won by Mark from Essex. A Sea Safari trip for two or a blue shark cage dive for one from Newquay, Cornwall with Atlantic Diving, one of the most established and experienced diving and marine adventure business in Cornwall. Chris and Annabelle Lowe are also two of the most friendliest people you could wish to meet... they are passionate asbout their work and deeply commited to providing the best diving or marine wildlife experience. Valid until June 30th 2017. See Atlantic Diver's website here.
Prize won by Tony from Yorkshire. A 4-hour evening pelagics wildlife boat tour with Northern Experience Wildlife Tours from North Shields in North Tyneside. From June to mid-August these trips make the most of the long days, looking for marine wildlife along the beautiful coast and further out to sea. Every trip is different with seabirds and seals, hopefully porpoises, dolphins and even a whale. Your guide is one of the most experienced in the area. See the Northern Experience Wildlife Tours website here.
Prize won by Emma from Suffolk. A secret seal safari boat trip for two from Dover, Kent with Dover Sea Safari. Your journey takes you along the breathtaking White Cliffs Country coastline to enter the mouth of the River Stour through Pegwell Bay. Pegwell Bay is a large nature reserve, known for its migrating wading birds and wildfowl, as well as inquisitive seals basking on the river bank and popping up around the boat. See Dover Sea Safari's website here.
Prize won by Tony from Devon. £75 discount any wildlife boat or diving trip out of Oban, Scotland with Sealife Adventures. Sealife Adventures operate whale and wildlife watching boat trips from Oban on the west coast of Scotland, overlooking Mull (trip cannot be in June, July or August).The area is exceptional for porpoise, minke whales, dolphins, basking sharks, otters and seals. Bird watching highlights include sea eagles, golden eagles, puffins and a great variety of seabirds. See their website here.
Prize won by Sarah from Devon. A wildlife boat trip with Marine Discovery of Penzance for two. This three-hour trip for two on Shearwater II, a sailing catamaran, is sure to be a memorable experience and is definitely one for the true wildlife enthusiast, with seals, seabirds, common, bottlenosed or Risso's dolphins, harbour porpoises, minke whales, basking sharks and even ocean sunfish having been seen regularly in 2016. Vaild until 21 May 2018. See their website here.
Prize won by Esther from East Sussex. A 2 hour wildlife boat trip for two in Cardigan Bay, Wales. A guided boat trip with New Quay’s experts to see bottlenose dolphins, porpoises, seals and birds that visit this beautiful part of the Welsh coastline. these trips support the research of the Cardigan Bay Marine Wildlife Centre as each trip carries a volunteer researcher from CBMWC. For more details see here.
Prize won by Warren from Devon. Framed print by Gavin Parsons of Beluga whales. Renowned photographer Gavin is famed for his superb underwater photographs. He also happens to be a BDMLR trustee!). Gavin took this photo on a dive in the Churchill River, Manitoba, Canada and it has been featured in National Geographic magazine. See Gavin's website here.
Prize won by Alison from Northumberland. A voucher for two to attend a BDMLR Marine Mammal Medic training course. Come on a day's training course with us at one of many venues around the UK, or if you're already a volunteer, give the prize to friends or family! Each place usually costs £90 but we're giving away two places on our highly accliamed, practical and fun course. See details iof what's included on our course on our website here.
Prize won by Chris from Essex. A signed copy of Hal Whitehead and Luke Rendell's fantastic book, The Cultural Lives of Whales and Dolphins. Hal Whitehead is a biologist specializing in the study of the sperm whale (Physeter macrocephalus) and is professor at Dalhousie University. The primary field research vessel of his laboratory is the Balaena, a Valiant 40 ocean-going cruising boat, which normally does its work off the coast of Nova Scotia. This book probes deeper into the private lives of whales and dolphins than any other recent book. Signed by Hal - for a book review see here.
Prize won by Colin from Devon. An autographed copy of Charlie Phillp's photographic history of the dolphins of the Moray Firth, On a Rising Tide. Charlie is a renowned wildlife photographer whose images have won numerous awards and appeared in publications and online around the world. During the summer months he is often at Chanonry Point as WDC's Field Officer, welcoming visitors to one of the best land-based dolphin-watching locations in the world. See Charlie's website and incredible photographs here.
Prize won by Ian from Suffolk. An autographed boxed set of Monty Halls Great Escapes. The three BBC series of Monty Halls Great Escape gave us all a chance to slip away from the rat race, and to immerse ourselves in some of the most dramatic landscapes on earth. Monty Halls explored three remote and beautiful environments over three years, creating in the process programmes that are a gentle and affectionate essay to some of our most remarkable coastlines and cultures. See Monty's website here.
Prize won by Rob from Devon. An autographed copy of Ben Fogle's book of his epicjourney rowing across the Atlantic, The Crossing. Olympic Oarsman James Cracknell and Ben set off in a twenty one foot plywood boat in the 2005 Atlantic Rowing Race. The pair spent 49 days at sea coming in two days ahead of the next pairs rowing boat, setting the British record for East West crossing from La Gomera to Antigua.See Ben's website here.
Prize won by Alison from Gwynedd. A shoulder bag, yoga mat bag and two pairs of whaletreads (recycled materials) from The Whale Company. See their website here.
Prizes are still being donated so this is a raffle you don't want to miss!
BDMLR 2016 Raffle Terms and Conditions
- The British Divers Marine Life Rescue (“BDMLR”) Christmas Raffle (the “Raffle”) is promoted by BDMLR of Lime House, Regency Close, Uckfield, East Sussex, TN22 1DS and is licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005 with Licence No: LN/000004691. Responsible Person: Julia Cable. www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
- Entry into the Raffle costs £1 per ticket.
- Tickets will also be available for purchase from BDMLR representatives at various events and from BDMLR head office from October 22nd 2016 to 5pm December 12th 2016 (both dates inclusive) subject to availability.
- Monies raised by the Raffle will go to the work of BDMLR which is a registered charity in England and Wales (803438) and in Scotland (SCO39304).
- Payment for participation in the Raffle can be made by cash, debit card, credit card or cheque made payable to British Divers Marine Life Rescue or via JustGiving.com
- Each ticket will be entered into the draw only upon receipt of full payment in cleared funds. Only tickets for which full payment has been received will be eligible to win a prize.
- BDMLR accepts no liability for Raffle tickets, entries, correspondence or prizes which are lost, delayed in the post, damaged or illegible, from which the prize winner cannot be identified or, in the case of entries, which have insufficient postage. Proof of posting is not proof of delivery.
- The closing date is December 14th 2016. Payments received after this date will not be entered into the draw and monies will be treated as a donation.
- The Raffle draw will take place on December 16th 2016 at BDMLR's Uckfield office.
- The winners will be the first entries randomly selected from all entries received by the closing date. The first and second prizewinners will be contacted in December 2016 and the remainder in January 2017 to choose their prizes in order of selection.
- The results of the Raffle draw are final and communication about them will not be entered into.
- Winners will be notified by telephone or email no later than January 30th 2017.
- All prizes are also subject to the terms and conditions of the prize provider and may be subject to change.
- The Brittany Ferries £200 travel voucher can be used against the purchase of any ferry trip to France or Spain with the company, including the I-Spy whale-watching mini-cruises with the charity ORCA. Food and beverage, travel to the departure port not included. If the value of the trip is less than £200 then no refund of the difference can be given. Trips must be taken between January 1st2017 and August 31st 2017.
- All prizes are awarded with any exclusions as mentioned in the list of prizes on the BDMLR website.
- By accepting a prize, winners agree that BDMLR can use the winner’s name and photograph for promotional purposes. Winners may be asked (and by entering agree to) provide a photograph and be photographed if required, and provide comment on being selected as a winner, which may be used to promote future BDMLR raffles.
- Prizes are subject to availability and BDMLR reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value. No cash alternative will be available. The person named on the Raffle ticket stub will be the only person entitled to the prize but this may be transferred by the prizewinner.
- This Raffle is open to individuals resident in Great Britain aged 16 years or over, including BDMLR volunteers and employees. Any person found to be under 16 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize. Proof of identity and age may be requested.
- By entering the Raffle, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (which may be amended at any time by BDMLR). Any entries not complying with these terms and conditions will not be valid.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If you have any queries or complaints please contact British Divers Marine Life Rescue on 01825 765546 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- By providing your personal information to BDMLR, you agree to it being used for the purpose of administering the Raffle and being shared with BDMLR’s agents and prize providers, where appropriate. If you would rather the prize donors are not passed your contact information, please tick the box on the Raffle ticket stub or if buying through the post, email email@example.com. BDMLR may also use your email address to keep you informed about BDMLR’s activities, including fundraising. If you would rather not receive these communications please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BDMLR reserves the right to award any prizes not claimed after six months to an alternative winner.
- A list of the surnames and towns of winners will be posted on the Raffle page on BDMLR website at www.bdmlr.org.uk by January 30th 2017 or once all prizewinners have been contacted or. You may request a list by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Raffle Prizewinner Request, British Divers Marine Life Rescue, Lime House, Regency Close, Uckfield, East Sussex, TN22 1DS.
- BDMLR reserves the right to reject any entry (and award any prize to an alternative winner) if it has grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions, acted fraudulently or illegally, or on other reasonable grounds and shall have no liability to an entrant for any loss or damage arising from such rejection.
- Any participation instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
- To the extent permitted by law, BDMLR excludes any liability for loss or damage incurred by any winner in connection with or arising from the use of the prizes or participation in the Raffle.